YORK COUNTY, S.C. - The South Carolina State Law Enforcement Division is investigating a man's death as he was being arrested in York County Monday.
Deputies responded to the Newport Lakes neighborhood in Rock Hill and found a man behaving erratically and jumping on cars.
While they were arresting him, the man became unresponsive.
Deputies performed CPR, but he died at the hospital.
Officials said it is a York County Sheriff's Office policy to call SLED to investigate all in-custody deaths.
No other information has been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Faulty wiring blamed for fire at historic Charlotte church
- 'Regular' customer shot to death after argument at South End Bojangles'
- Major road in Steele Creek closed after gas line cut
- FORECAST: Cold front will bring cloudy skies, storm chances
- Suspected drunk driver hits 4 construction workers, killing 1 near Concord Mills
© 2019 Cox Media Group.