CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte’s annual Speed Street festival is underway in Uptown.
From Thursday through Saturday, tens of thousands of people are expected to pack Tryon Street for games, food, music and celebrity appearances.
NASCAR stars Kyle Busch and Joey Logano are scheduled to appear. Corey Smith, Brothers Osborne and Styx are performing concerts in Romare Bearden Park.
“It’s beautiful, man,” NASCAR fan David Royster said. “I hope it stays here forever.”
Tickets to the Brothers Osborne and Styx shows cost $20 each.
Speed Street runs from noon to 8 p.m. on Tryon Street.
The events lead up to the Coca-Cola 600 race Sunday at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Click here for more information on events.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Missing Maui hiker with ties to NC found alive after more than two weeks
- Rock Hill police officer fired after pulling gun during traffic stop for seat belt violation
- Video shows high school student punched repeatedly inside classroom
- NC Taco Bell workers appear to smoke inside, as line of cars grows in drive-thru
- 15-footer among 'cluster' of great white sharks tracked off Carolina coast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.