Researchers found that spiders that live in areas where storms are more likely can become far less docile after a major storm event.
The study said colonies will aggressively pursue food and produce more egg cases.
Researchers gathered this information after hurricanes Florence and Michael.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'She was so young': Family mourns Union County teen killed by father
- 'We heard this big boom': Man fires gun inside CVS during hold up
- NC 9-year-old shot, killed in car was on the way to get snow cone
- Woman killed in Highway 74 crash remembered as 'warm, kindhearted'
- FORECAST: Heat holds on ahead of afternoon showers, evening downpours
© 2019 Cox Media Group.