CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police arrested a man who they said led them on a high-speed chase overnight that winded all across Charlotte.
Officers said that Maurice Foster was wanted for stabbing a woman Monday night. Before police caught him around midnight, they said he led them on a 30-minute chase across the city.
Channel 9 tracked the pursuit as it went from the Brookshire Freeway, through several neighborhoods before Foster got onto Interstate 85.
Police said speeds reached 120 mph, and officers followed Foster onto Interstate 77 for several miles before he got back on the Brookshire Freeway.
The chase ended on Independence Boulevard where Foster spun out, near Sharon Amity Road. Foster jumped out of the crashed car, but officers quickly caught him.
Foster was taken to the hospital as a precaution for swallowing drugs, investigators told Channel 9. He will also be charged with assault with a deadly weapon for the stabbing Monday night on Todd Lane.
A woman in the car with Foster was not charged.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Stabbing suspect leads CMPD on high-speed chase across Charlotte
- Police searching for pair who shot, carjacked man in south Charlotte
- VIDEO: Freeze Warnings issued as bitter cold blast arrives
- Day care where alleged sex abuse happened cited for several violations
- Body discovered resembles missing Gaston County man, police say
- WATCH: Surveillance video shows brazen robbery at Rock Hill T-Mobile store
© 2018 Cox Media Group.