OAKBORO, N.C. - The bridge on N.C. 742 over Rocky River south of Oakboro closed for about one month, Department of Transportation officials said.
A routine inspection Monday morning revealed a crack in the substructure that needs to be repaired.
Repairs are underway.
A detour in place for motorists uses N.C. 742, Old Sandbar Road, N.C. 205, N.C. 218, Fish Road, St. Timothy Road and Benton Edwards Road. returning to N.C. 742.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Manhunt leads to third arrest in North Carolina trooper's shooting
- 'A story that should be retold': Survivors reflect 10 years after 'Miracle on the Hudson'
- UNC uproots historic 'Silent Sam' pedestal from campus overnight
- WATCH: Meteorologist Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Police: Girl knocked to ground after being pushed, punched by man at Asheville mall
© 2019 Cox Media Group.