SALISBURY, N.C. — A former neurologist at the Salisbury VA whom Channel 9 has investigated for months has had his medical license suspended indefinitely.
Gregory Scott was accused of seeing a patient under the influence of alcohol. Scott retired from the VA and surrendered his license.
According to police, he returned to the medical center intoxicated and cursed at officers.
The state medical board formally suspended his license on Tuesday, ordered him to refrain from using alcohol, and ordered him to submit to alcohol testing.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Sex offender kidnapped woman from gas station, sexually assaulted her
- Charlotte couple admits to forcing children into prostitution in Myrtle Beach
- CMPD: Woman robbed at gunpoint at Ballantyne Bank of America ATM
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Bar worker shot following fight in Plaza Midwood, police say
Cox Media Group