CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Steele Creek Elementary School received the lowest health score it has ever had, according to a recent inspection of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
It got an 84, which is a B grade.
A health inspector looked at the school this week and found issues with damage to restrooms, exposed nails on stairs and several areas where the school needed to be cleaned thoroughly.
All of the problems the school was cited for were repeat issues.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after person shot multiple times near southwest Charlotte motel
- 'Bathroom bill' sponsor Bishop wins District 9 GOP primary
- 1 airlifted, 17 injured after bus carrying preschoolers overturns in Stanly Co.
- FORECAST: Another clear, sunny day in the 70s on tap for the Charlotte area
- NC high schools sell bracelets to raise money for 'Riley Howell Foundation'
© 2019 Cox Media Group.