CHARLOTTE, N.C. - You won’t guess what happened when strangers came together to make a surprise extra special.
A CMPD officer made good on his promise to an elementary school student and his family with a special vacation after the death of the student's father last month.
Elementary student Nija Cruz's mother said she was thankful for the generosity “for allowing us to do this thing we most probably were not going to do because my husband is not here.”
>>> Check out the video above to see where the Cruz family went on a much-needed vacation and how it was all made possible.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I felt something grab my leg': Teen surfer bitten by shark at Ocean Isle Beach
- NC park officials issue warning about 'zombie snake' that can play dead
- Crews rescue teenager stranded on South Fork River island
- FORECAST: Humidity drops as we dry out after 4 straight days of rain
- Grandmother of SC dad who killed his 5 kids asks to spare his life
© 2019 Cox Media Group.