CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A new study says Charlotte ranks 12th worst in the country when you compare credit card debt with income.
Creditcards.com claims the Queen City actually has less credit card debt than other cities, but salaries in Charlotte are lower, too.
The study says the typical Charlottean would need 18 months to get out of debt.
Action 9 investigator Jason Stoogenke spoke with a local couple last year who wiped away $50,000 of debt in just one year.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Davidson County deputy accused of robbing Rowan County bank
- Woman found holding her eyeball outside South Carolina church
- New report claims Charlotte area among nation's top flu hot spots
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Wednesday forecast outlook
- Firefighter couple on leave after allegedly chopping child's hair off as punishment
© 2019 Cox Media Group.