CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The subsidiary of an advanced wound-care company expects to lay off more than 60 employees this summer at its University City office.
KCI USA Inc. alerted the state Feb. 6 of its plan to eliminate 65 jobs at its service center in Cambridge Corporate Center, which is located at 10101 Claude Freeman Drive in northeast Charlotte. San Antonio, Texas-based Acelity LP Inc. is the privately held parent company of KCI USA, a provider of specialty medical devices.
The move to “substantially reduce” its workforce at the Charlotte office came after the company “carefully analyzed its business situation and its available options,” it said in its Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification letter to the North Carolina Department of Commerce.
Those employees will be laid off in four phases, slated to begin July 5 and end Sept. 27. The bulk of the jobs impacted are in order-fulfillment support and management, with the remaining workers holding positions in billing and collections, customer service and administrative support.
The Charlotte facility will close after the layoffs are finished, and more than 30 employees will continue to work remotely from home, Acelity spokeswoman Maggie Fairchild said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Sad to see this happen': Massive flames gut Statesville church
- Homeowner: Mooresville Airbnb guest shot confronting break-in suspects
- 9 investigates: Tainted gasoline complaints on the rise across NC
- FORECAST: Damp and dreary start to the work week
- Trial set to begin for man accused of murder during 2016 Charlotte riots
© 2019 Cox Media Group.