CABARRUS COUNTY, N.C. - An arrest has been made in connection with a drug overdose death from last year.
Officers said they were called to a home on Suburban Avenue last July and found Shaun Alexander, 37, dead from a drug overdose.
After nearly a year of investigating, officers determined Alexander died from a fentanyl overdose and Bruck Fekadu, 23, was the person who sold it to him.
Fekadu has been charged with second-degree murder and selling a schedule II controlled substance.
He was arrested by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Thursday and turned over to the Kannapolis Police Department.
Fekadu is being held in the Cabarrus County Jail under no bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'She didn't bother anybody': Salisbury mother followed, killed by stranger
- Missing Maui hiker's NC family still searching for her; boyfriend passes polygraph
- NC Taco Bell workers appear to smoke inside, as line of cars grows in drive-thru
- FORECAST: Warmer, humid conditions expected for rest of week
- 15-footer among 'cluster' of great white sharks tracked off Carolina coast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.