CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police are searching for the person who opened fire on two cars outside a south Charlotte McDonald's early Wednesday morning.
Officers said two men in separate cars left Club Onyx on Old Pineville Road just before 2 a.m. and someone else followed them.
When they got to the McDonald's at South Tryon Street and Pressley Road, someone in the third vehicle shot at the cars.
One man was shot, but is expected to be OK.
Police blocked part of South Tryon Street for several hours because of all the shell casings in the road.
Authorities have not said what may have led to the shooting or released potential suspect information.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Domestic violence suspect arrested after leading police on chase, CMPD says
- DISTRICT 9: Bishop holds onto GOP seat in do-over election
- Father gets 23 years in prison for beating his child to death in Rock Hill
- FORECAST: Another hot day for Charlotte region as heat index nears 100
- People remember learning of 9/11 tragedies with #WhereWereYou
© 2019 Cox Media Group.