CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. - Officials said a man was taken into custody after a SWAT situation Thursday morning at a home in Catawba County.
Channel 9 crews could see armored trucks, SWAT officers and negotiators at the home along Bolton Road.
Officials said this started as a domestic situation nearby, when someone broke into a house. Officers were then led to another house nearby where they said a man barricaded himself inside.
Investigators were using a loudspeaker to try to communicate with the man. They also broke out a window and threw a phone inside the home.
It was after 6:30 a.m. when the SWAT team went into the home to arrest Luis Vidal.
Charges are pending. Deputies said Vidal is wanted out of New York on a probation violation and on a felony charge in Lincoln County for possession of meth.
Deputies said they removed a machete from the home.
Bolton Road was shut down for the investigation.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- Man taken into custody after SWAT situation at home in Catawba County
- Innocent bystander on sidewalk hit by flipped-over vehicle during domestic dispute
- Man with concealed-carry holds suspect, accused of crashing into cars, at bay
- FORECAST: Preview of fall continues with cooler temps and sunshine
- Charlotte woman demands money back after saying vacation went bad
© 2019 Cox Media Group.