UNIVERSITY CITY, N.C. — There was heavy police presence, as well as a SWAT team, outside a home in the University City area for nearly six hours Wednesday morning after a man barricaded his girlfriend and her three children inside.
SWAT relocated neighbors and set up a perimeter around the Potenza Drive home.
The suspect, Corey Seburn, surrendered around 9:05 a.m. without incident.
Police said they initially received a call for a domestic disturbance in the area around 2:30 a.m.
The caller said that Seburn was their relative's boyfriend and was potentially armed.
Seburn has been arrested and is awaiting charges related to the case.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SWAT responds after man traps girlfriend, her 3 children inside home
- If you've gotten a robocall about a free cruise, you could get $900
- Charlotte School of Law closing immediately, alumni association says
- Officials to spray in Rock Hill neighborhood after West Nile scare
- Report: Bodybuilder, unaware of condition, likely killed by protein supplements
- GREAT AMERICAN ECLIPSE: What to know
Cox Media Group