LAKE WYLIE, S.C. — A popular restaurant on Lake Wylie that’s been a go-to spot for two decades is expected to close.
T-Bones on the Lake said on its Facebook page that it has entered into a purchase agreement with Bottle Cap Group.
The restaurant has been open for 24 years.
“T-Bones has been here a long time,” community member Eve Foery said. “They’re the anchor restaurant for Lake Wylie, it’s the come-to, gathering hole you might say.”
Restaurant officials said the sale isn’t final, but they expect the closing could happen by Nov. 30.
In an emotional post, they said: “We've watched your families grow up. We've spent your milestones with you...and it has been our pleasure. Actually, our privilege."
“They do a number of charity of events throughout the year that bring in a lot of money for the community,” community member Cathy Mann said.
“I think there’s a nostalgic appeal to it,” said Rachel Moshe.
Channel 9 spoke to officials with the Bottle Cap Group about what it next, but they said they are in discussion about the new concept and branding.
"Any new business helps every other business in the area to grow,” Foery said. “Keep it on this side of the bridge, folks."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Toppled tree blocks Providence Road 'indefinitely' in south Charlotte
- WINTER STORM WARNING: Wintry mix hits mountains; cold rain across Charlotte
- 12-year-old writes heartbreaking goodbye letter to family during school lockdown
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Death investigation underway after man found dead inside car in east Charlotte
Cox Media Group