ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Two Taco Bell workers in Asheville were apparently caught on video smoking inside while a long line of cars grew in the drive-thru at the fast food restaurant.
A viewer sent the video, recorded on Saturday, to Channel 9's western North Carolina affiliate WLOS.
The Taco Bell is located on a busy road, Patton Avenue.
“We are disappointed to see that this happened," a Taco Bell spokesperson emailed WLOS. "This is a franchise location and the team members involved no longer work for the franchisee.”
North Carolina has a statewide ban on smoking in restaurants.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after person shot multiple times near southwest Charlotte motel
- 'Bathroom bill' sponsor Bishop wins District 9 GOP primary
- 1 airlifted, 17 injured after bus carrying preschoolers overturns in Stanly Co.
- FORECAST: Another clear, sunny day in the 70s on tap for the Charlotte area
- NC high schools sell bracelets to raise money for 'Riley Howell Foundation'
© 2019 Cox Media Group.