MOORESVILLE, NC - An Iredell County teen is charged with making fake threats to students at Lake Norman High School in early April.
Iredell County Sheriff Darren Campbell said two students got multiple threatening text messages from unknown numbers.
Detectives were able to get information from phone companies that led them to 17-year-old Lake Norman High student Michael Bryce Kelly of Mooresville.
Kelly is now charged with felony making a false report of mass violence on educational property.
“We have made it abundantly clear time and time again, we will not stand for this type of behavior or the disrupting it causes to our schools and students,” Sheriff Campbell said.
It’s not Kelly’s first brush with the law. He has a pending threat charge from May 2017 and a charge of impersonating a law enforcement officer from February 2017.
Bond for the latest charge was set at $100,000.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Victims identified after nude gunman opens fire in Tenn. Waffle House
- Gaston County assistant DA charged with having meth, heroin
- WATCH: Keith Monday's wet Monday forecast outlook
- 2-year-old pelted 9 times by paintballs in her yard, mother says
- Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, gives birth to baby boy
- 2 teens charged in connection with man's shooting death last week
© 2019 Cox Media Group.