CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. - A teen is dead after troopers said he was hit by a driver overnight on Interstate 40 in Conover.
Investigators said the collision happened just before 11 p.m. Wednesday in the westbound lanes, near First Street West.
Troopers said the driver was entering the interstate on a sharp curve and hit 18-year-old Jose Torres.
Troopers are trying to figure out why Torres was in the road and told Channel 9 that it's possible he fell or was pushed from the bridge above the ramp.
Investigators said Torres appeared to have injuries that occurred before being struck by the vehicle.
The driver is not facing any charges.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man shot during large street fight outside South End club, police say
- York County deputies disciplined, fired for having sex while on duty
- VIDEO: Channing Tatum dances with Statesville convenience store clerk
- PGA CHAMPIONSHIP: Fans pack course as first round tees off
- Teen killed after being hit by car on I-40 in Catawba County
- WATCH: PGA Championship Forecast: First Round
© 2018 Cox Media Group.