COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The first game between the Davidson Wildcats and Texas A&M Aggies had fans on the edge of their seats for 15 innings in College Station, Texas, but the Aggies managed to pull off a 7-6 win.
The teams battled for more than five hours.
But the Wildcats still have a chance to head to Omaha, Nebraska. The team that wins the three-games series earns a trip for the 2017 College World Series.
Davidson has become the surprise story of the college baseball playoffs.
To put Davidson's success story into perspective, the Wildcats had never won so much as a regular season championship in the school's 115 years until this season, when they captured the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament. The Wildcats kept that momentum going by defeating in-state power North Carolina this past weekend to earn a trip to the NCAA super regionals.
Game 2 is at 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Fight over woman led to man's shooting death in Badin, police say
- Man charged with murder after toddler he's accused of abusing, dies
- MUST SEE: NC woman catches 6-foot snake in living room with pillowcase
- Husband killed wife by pouring alcohol on her, setting fire, police say
- Woman taken into custody after bicyclist hit by car in north Charlotte
© 2018 Cox Media Group.