CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Fuzzy's Taco Shop sees room to grow in Charlotte. The Texas company's first three locations — in Matthews, Rea Farms in south Charlotte and Berewick in southwest Charlotte — opened here over the last year.
Franchisee Merrick McKinnie expects to double the number of restaurants here over the next few years while building the footprint across the Tar Heel State.
"We jumped out pretty quickly," McKinnie says. "We do want to get our footing after opening three so quickly, but we're also looking across Charlotte to find some locations."
He's signed a deal for six Charlotte locations and 12 across the state.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- LIVE COVERAGE: Category 1 Dorian makes landfall over Cape Hatteras
- Grammy-winning songwriter killed in head-on crash in York County
- Bahamian man watches helplessly as storm surge carries away 5-year-old son
- FORECAST: Heat, humidity stick around all weekend as Dorian moves off coast
- Beloved Concord resident hit, killed by SUV while walking to work
© 2019 Cox Media Group.