CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Griffith Street at Bank Street is shutdown after a car hit a power pole in south Charlotte Friday morning.
Officials responded to the scene near Marie G. Davis Middle School just before 7:30 a.m.
According to Duke Energy, over 2,100 people are without power due to the accident.
Officials said power is expected to be restored by 10:30 a.m.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Faulty mechanical equipment' blamed for active shooter report at Topsail HS
- Brother of Brody Allen, who died of brain cancer, hit by multiple vehicles
- Feds intervene in claims of racial slurs at Mooresville restaurant
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- FBI needs help identifying man seen in video in 13-year-old girl's abduction
© 2018 Cox Media Group.