>> Reading this story in our app? The new “Follow the Lead” feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest severe weather updates.
>> To stay on top of changing weather conditions be sure to download our free WSOC-TV Weather app
- The rain arrived across the Charlotte region overnight and will stick around most of the day Friday
- A slight lull in the downpours is expected around midday before things pick up with heavier rainfall later Friday afternoon
- Avery County Schools and Watauga County Schools will operate on a 2-hour delay because of the possibility of ice
- We could see some thunder and lightning with some gusty storms heading into the evening (between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.)
- The risk for severe weather remains low but bears watching
- Temperatures will warm into the lower 50s on Friday
- We will dry out quickly overnight and conditions will stay dry all weekend
- Next week brings only slim rain chances, and overall it’ll be pretty quiet as highs stay in the 50s
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
>> Download our WSOC-TV app and keep up with changing weather conditions wherever you go.
>> Remember, you can watch our radar anytime at home on Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV.
© 2020 Cox Media Group