>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest severe weather updates.
>> To stay on top of changing weather conditions be sure to download our free WSOC-TV Weather app
- Humidity will be a factor Sunday with highs in mid-80s
- Expect a cloudy day with some breaks and a slight chance of showers and storms, mostly in the high country
- On Monday and Tuesday, the high will climb close to 90
- The second half of the week, temps linger around mid to upper 70s
The U.S. National Hurricane Center says Tropical Storm Humberto is expected to become a hurricane by Sunday night or early Monday, but it won't threaten land by the time it intensifies to that strength.
Officials warn that the storm could still cause dangerous swells in the northwest Bahamas and along the coasts of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina later this weekend and early next week.
>> Channel 9's team of meteorologists will always have constant updates to keep you informed, on TV from Severe Weather Center 9 as well as your mobile device.
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer
- Meteorologist Tony Sadiku
>> Download our WSOC-TV app and keep up with changing weather conditions wherever you go.
>> Remember, you can watch our radar anytime at home on Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV.
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.