>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest severe weather updates.
>> To stay on top of changing weather conditions be sure to download our free WSOC-TV Weather app
- It was warm and muggy again as you stepped out the door Thursday morning, but the afternoon will bring better chances for strong storms
- Several counties in our area are under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 10 p.m.
- The greatest threat with these storms will be strong, damaging winds, but hail and even a low tornado threat is possible
- The storms should race off to the east pretty quickly Thursday evening and then we’ll dry out overnight
- Highs in Charlotte will stay close to 90 degrees, but it’ll feel hotter because of the heat index
- The humidity actually drops a touch on Friday, but highs will still be near 90 degrees all weekend
- Storm chances for the weekend appear quite low at this time
>> Channel 9's team of meteorologists will always have constant updates to keep you informed, on TV from Severe Weather Center 9 as well as your mobile device.
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer
- Meteorologist Tony Sadiku
>> Download our WSOC-TV app and keep up with changing weather conditions wherever you go.
>> Remember, you can watch our radar anytime at home on Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV.
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.