>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest severe weather updates.
- Scattered showers will continue into the evening and into late Saturday, becoming steadier, heavier and more widespread.
- The rain will be followed by a strong cold front.
- Most areas will be dry by Sunday morning, except for the mountains, where rain will change into snow during the morning hours.
- The wind will ramp up through the weekend, especially in the mountains, where wind gusts could get up to 60 mph.
- The winter chill will return by Monday morning. The wind chill will be in the teens for much of the Piedmont and below zero for the mountains.
- We will warm back up to near 60 degrees by Wednesday afternoon, ahead of our next round of rain late Wednesday and into Thursday.
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer
- Meteorologist Tony Sadiku
>> Download our WSOC-TV app and keep up with winter weather conditions wherever you go.
>> Remember, you can watch our radar anytime at home on Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV.
Winter Weather Resources:
- How and when to protect your pipes from freezing
- Winter weather watch, warning and advisory: What's the difference?
- 7 tips to keep your pets safe during winter weather
- More ideas to keep kids entertained during a storm
- Bread and milk: Why do we buy those foods before a storm?
- Snow day? 5 kid-friendly craft ideas to ward off cabin fever
- Here are 16 tips for keeping you, your pets and home safe in the cold
- Tips, warning signs for frostbite, hypothermia
- When temperatures drop, don't be thrifty with your heat
- Life hacks: How to remove snow when you don’t have shovels
- 7 winter driving tips
- 5 things you won’t want to leave in a freezing car
- Stay safe while driving on black ice
- What is the coldest temperature ever recorded in each state?
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.