HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. - A tractor-trailer fell apart Tuesday night while driving down Interstate-77 in Huntersville.
Troopers said the tractor-trailer split in two around 9 p.m. near Sam Furr Road.
A representative from the trucking company, Central Transport Trucking, said the incident was extremely rare and it's not clear how it happened.
Troopers said the driver was able to pull off the road safely.
Troopers said no one will be charged.
Read more of our top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SBI investigates death of Oakboro police chief’s niece
- FORECAST: Coldest blast of winter air arrives in Carolinas
- MUST SEE: Tractor-trailer breaks apart on I-77 in Huntersville
- 9 investigates Kratom: Natural herb or deadly drug?
- One of smallest surviving babies born in NC goes home
- Girl asks special needs student to prom in front of her whole school