CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Traffic was backed up for miles Friday morning after a tractor-trailer lost control and crashed onto its side on Interstate 77 near uptown.
The wreck happened around 8:30 a.m. in the northbound lanes of I-77 near the Brookshire Freeway.
Paramedics said nobody was hurt in the crash but police were still investigating how it happened.
Vehicles were moving through the area slowly in the left lane as crews worked to unload the trailer and remove the truck.
There is no timetable on when the interstate will completely reopen.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Death investigation underway outside west Charlotte gas station
- Attorney: Nikolas Cruz is a ‘broken child' who's sorry about shooting
- Man arrested for allegedly shooting mother who was breastfeeding
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- South Carolina teen accused of threatening 'round 2 of Florida'
© 2018 Cox Media Group.