CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. — A 48-year-old man was struck and killed while riding a bike Wednesday morning in Catawba County.
Troopers with the North Carolina State Highway Patrol were investigating the deadly crash, which happened around 6 a.m. on Sherrills Ford Road in Catawba.
The roadway was closed following the crash, but later reopened.
Investigators said the man was not wearing a helmet and had dark clothing on at the time of the crash.
NCSHP officials said the driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene.
No charges have been filed and the name of the victim has not been released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man struck, killed while riding bike in Catawba County, troopers say
- Chip Gaines announces baby No. 5 on the way
- Coroner identifies woman killed in crash with tractor-trailer in Rock Hill
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Deputy killed in Colorado ambush lived in Union County
Cox Media Group