CONOVER, N.C. - The eastbound lanes of Interstate 40 in Catawba County were closed for nearly two hours overnight after a pedestrian was hit and killed, troopers said.
The collision happened around 2:30 a.m. in Conover at Exit 133, which is Rock Barn Road.
The Highway Patrol has not released the name of the person who died or said what led to the collision.
The road was reopened around 4:30 a.m.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Disputed NC House race puts spotlight on 'ballot harvesting'
- TRACKING: Charlotte region bracing for major winter storm this weekend
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg School District monitoring weather conditions closely
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- Police: Man hit by own car after thief steals it during sale
© 2018 Cox Media Group.