SALISBURY, N.C. — State troopers said one person was killed in a crash involving a tractor-trailer on Interstate 85 in Salisbury early Thursday morning.
Troopers told Channel 9 that the crash happened just after 5 a.m. in the northbound lanes of I-85 near mile marker 74.
Troopers said a woman was driving in the northbound lanes when her car stalled on the interstate.
When she got out of the car, a tractor-trailer collided with her vehicle, and struck the woman.
She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her name has not been released.
Officials said the collision ignited a fire but that the driver of the tractor-trailer will be OK.
All northbound lanes of I-85 were blocked while crews investigated the crash. The road reopened around 3:30 p.m.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman killed after big rig slams into stalled car on I-85
- Man shot multiple times outside popular South End club, police say
- FBI searches for car after new lead in 16-year-old case of missing girl
- CMPD: Man charged after choking daughter's boyfriend to death
- Video of Ardrey Kell student's talent show water bottle flip goes viral
Cox Media Group