More serious crashes are happening in a rural area of eastern Cabarrus County and drivers are concerned about Highway 200 near Mount Pleasant Road.
Troopers told Channel 9 they have responded to more crashes on Highway 200 and are particularly concerned about the intersection at Mount Pleasant Road.
Over the past year, there have been 70 wrecks on Highway 200 -- most were serious.
"So many times, I've almost got hit right here just pulling out going to Locus or going back to Concord. It's always bad," driver Gene Hucks said. "The speed of the road and the way people cut through here and how fast they are going you know. It jeopardizes peoples' lives."
Watch the video above as Eyewitness News reporter Gina Esposito learns improvements could be coming to that area.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I have no heart left': Woman loses $300K to Match.com romance scam
- Panthers QB Newton injures foot, Brady solid in Patriots' 10-3 win
- Coach who pleaded guilty to spying on girls will not work in district, officials say
- Alaska Airlines loses 13-year-old daughter, Fayetteville father says
- FORECAST: Thunderstorms roll in again as cold front sweeps through Carolinas
© 2019 Cox Media Group.