CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Troopers said they plan to charge a driver with DWI after a crash blocked a portion of Interstate 85 in north Charlotte Thursday night.
The incident occurred around 11:30 p.m., just north of the Sugar Creek Road exit.
According to officials, the woman was traveling southbound when she hit two cars and flipped.
Channel 9 was at the scene and could see her car landed on its roof after the accident.
Crews had to get the car on its wheels before it could be towed.
Troopers said three people in one of the cars and the woman were rushed to the hospital, but the extent of their injuries is unknown at this point.
No names have been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: 14-year-old shoots another 14-year-old inside east Charlotte home
- Missing Lincoln County woman last seen leaving with man
- Deputy bitten while responding to vicious pit bull attack in Union County, officials say
- FORECAST: Heavy rain, drastic warm-up lingers throughout day
- NCSBE could dissolve before resolving District 9 election fraud investigation
Cox Media Group