President Trump has “lit the wick of war,” North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho says.
Trump’s statement to the United Nations, in which he referred to Kim Jung-un as “rocket man,” was “insane” and “belligerent,” Ri told Russian state news agency TASS on Wednesday.
North Korea’s “strategic forces, possessing inexhaustible strength not yet known to anyone, will not let America, an aggressor state, go unpunished,” Ri continued. He also boasted that his nation has almost achieved a “balance of force” with the U.S.
“We need to settle the final score, only with a hail of fire, not words,” Ri said. He claimed that in “the current atmosphere,” there is no possible way that negotiations can be held.
Trump has escalated his rhetoric in regard to the hermit kingdom, kicking off with the famous “fire and fury” remark in August. More ominously, Trump tweeted “only one thing will work” over the weekend.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Bullet strikes school bus during shootout in east Charlotte, police say
- Judge: NC teen accused of decapitating mom sent to hospital
- Disabled veteran not allowed to bring service dog to Pageland park
- FORECAST OUTLOOK: A gray and foggy start to the day
- Man accused of killing UNCC professor may learn if he'll face death penalty
- Robbers assault Indian Trail family, fire gun during home invasion
© 2018 Cox Media Group.