CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Two families are displaced on Christmas after two mobile homes caught fire Monday morning in northwest Charlotte.
Charlotte Fire Department crews responded to the fire about 2:18 a.m. on Bellhaven Boulevard.
Investigators said the fire was determined have started accidentally as a result of an electrical problem at one mobile home, and it then spread to another mobile home.
Officials said it took 23 firefighters 20 minutes to control the flames.
No injuries were reported.
The Red Cross assisted both families, which included four adults, three children and their pets.
“It's overwhelming. It's touching, man," neighbor Howard Miller said. "I talked to the guy that stay here. I just broke out, start crying."
The man living in one of the mobile homes told Eyewitness News reporter Jason Stoogenke that the children are doing OK.
Investigators estimate the damage is around $50,000. Among the charred debris are mattresses, sofas and a Christmas tree. The victim said the families lost all of their Christmas gifts.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Drugs, cash, guns seized from Lincoln County home with small children
- Cam Newton invites Levine Children's Hospital patients to luxury at Panthers game
- Two families displaced after mobile homes catch fire in northwest Charlotte
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Christmas Day outlook
- Local husband, wife save lives at separate locations on Christmas Eve
Cox Media Group