CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Bright orange signs and some severely buckled pavement are things you do not want to see on a road, particularly in uptown Charlotte.
Two major sinkholes that are forming closed eastbound Stonewall Street at Davidson Street, which caused major delays and confusion for commuters trying to bypass the construction barriers.
Construction work to repair the sinkholes is scheduled to last through Friday afternoon.
Watch the video above as Traffic Team 9's Mark Taylor went to check it out and learned the problem spreads far beyond the actual street.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police identify man shot, killed in Charlotte's Hidden Valley neighborhood
- Homicide investigation underway in parking lot of east Charlotte apartments
- CMPD to release video of fatal shooting at Charlotte Burger King
- CALM AFTER THE STORM: Sunny, dry skies return for your workweek
- Which Mecklenburg County restaurants didn’t make the grade in March?
© 2019 Cox Media Group.