CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police said an attempted robbery led to a shooting in northwest Charlotte overnight.
Officers said just before 2 a.m., at least five people tried to rob two men who were sitting in a car at an apartment complex on Forestbrook Drive.
Police said during a struggle, the driver tried to grab the gun and was shot in the leg.
He was able to drive to Wilkinson Boulevard and call for help. Channel 9 crews saw where a bullet shattered the driver side window.
Meanwhile, his passenger, who was also shot, ran through the apartment complex looking for help.
Both men are expected to be OK. Police have not made any arrests.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man attacks comedian on stage at SC club after being picked on
- 'Split Diamond' would create major changes for drivers in Huntersville
- North Carolina woman accused in son's Christmas Day shooting death
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Heartbroken friends, coworkers to hold vigil for slain Peach Stand clerk
- Two men shot sitting in car during attempted robbery, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.