CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A grand jury indicted UNC Charlotte quarterback Kevin Olsen Monday on rape charges.
Olsen, the younger brother of Carolina Panther Greg Olsen, was charged in February for the suspected attack on a female in an off-campus apartment. The grand jury handed up indictments on three counts of second-degree rape, two counts of assault on a female and one count of second-degree sexual offense.
Prosecutors said Olsen texted a woman and threatened to kill her. They said he raped her, punched her in the face and also threatened to kill himself, wrapping a phone charger around his neck.
(Click PLAY to watch Olsen walk out of jail after posting bond)
The accuser called the police and was treated for injuries at a hospital. The report said she had bruises and scratches.
Olsen has been suspended from UNC-Charlotte athletics.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Clash over middle-school sex assaults: Did they happen?
- Mother who missed her own prom finally goes with her son
- WATCH: NASCAR wreck at Talladega triggers massive 16-car crash
- Suspect in custody, man hospitalized after shooting in east Charlotte
- Kidnapped SC store clerk escapes from trunk; police search for suspect
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Monday forecast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.