CHARLOTTE, N.C. - One of the students injured during the deadly shooting at UNC Charlotte is asking for change.
Drew Pescaro was shot in the back by the gunman and was in a hospital for one month.
He tweeted Tuesday about how he struggles every time he sees another mass shooting in the news.
He said it's changed his life, and there's no going back to normal.
Pescaro admits he doesn't have all the answers but demands cooperation from leaders in the state and the country.
Three other students were shot and survived.
Autopsies released Tuesday revealed that the two students killed were each shot multiple times.
Riley Howell died while charging at the gunman, and Reed Parlier was also killed.
The suspected gunman will be in court again at the end of August.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 3 teens arrested after 17-year-old girl shot to death in northwest Charlotte
- Teen, boyfriend charged after 2 found dead in mobile home arson
- Police arrest man accused of raping guard at South End construction site
- 9th American tourist dead in Dominican Republic while vacationing with friends
- Authorities conducting death investigation in Monroe
© 2019 Cox Media Group.