INDIAN TRAIL, N.C. - A Union County elementary school principal has been arrested after deputies say she and her husband were involved in a domestic dispute Saturday evening.
Officials said 36-year-old Francy "Yubely" Zolke has been charged with simple assault. Her husband, 35-year-old Brian Zolke, has been charged with assault on a female as well as interfering with 911 communications.
The incident happened just before 6:30 p.m. on Fulton Ridge Drive, off Wesley Chapel Road.
When deputies got to the neighborhood, they found both Yubely Zolke and Brian Zolke had marks on them showing signs of assault.
Yubely Zolke is the principal at Waxhaw Elementary School, a school spokesperson told Channel 9. She has been in education for 14 years.
She previously taught at Porter Ridge Elementary and East Union Middle School as a Spanish teacher and served at Benton Heights Elementary as the assistant principal.
No other information has been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Teen shot to death leaving house party in north Charlotte, police say
- Man arrested after fight at convenience store leads to deadly shooting
- Chase crossing state line leads to deputy-involved shooting in Lancaster County
- FORECAST: Cold front brings much needed rain to parts of Charlotte region
- Mysterious lights in sky off North Carolina's Outer Banks caught on camera
© 2019 Cox Media Group.