CHARLOTTE, N.C. - More closures in uptown Charlotte are expected to cause travel headaches for commuters.
Crews closed Graham Street between 4th and 5th Streets around 10 a.m. Monday. The closure is expected to last through June 21 to work on Gold Line phase 2 construction.
The traffic troubles started in early March when crews started closing off lanes to demolish the Polk Building to make room for a new 14-story development that will be at the intersection of Graham and Trade streets.
>>In the video above, Traffic Team 9’s Mark Taylor walks you through another closure in uptown and what drivers can do to avoid the traffic mess.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Machete-wielding man attacks hikers on Appalachian Trail, leaving one dead
- CMPD: 3 in custody after man stabbed during armed robbery in uptown
- Two cars hit by bullets on I-85, including one with 3 children inside
- FORECAST: Gorgeous pattern takes shape after weekend storms
- Savannah police officer from Charlotte shot, killed investigating robbery
© 2019 Cox Media Group.