CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Another tower in uptown Charlotte has symbolically reached the end of vertical construction.
Ally Charlotte Center, a 26-story, 742,000-square-foot office tower at Stonewall and Tryon streets, topped out Wednesday, according to Charlotte-based Crescent Communities, the developer.
The teams involved in the project — which includes general contractor Brasfield & Gorrie and architect Little Diversified Architectural Consulting — signed the final beam, which was then hoisted and placed at the top of the tower.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Dramatic body camera video captures SC deputy saving baby's life
- 'I blacked out': Subway worker says customer punched her in mouth
- Amtrak train collides with tow truck hauling car off tracks in University City
- Charlotte bar sued for unauthorized performance of 'Wonderwall'
- FORECAST: Afternoon storms likely; Barry could become hurricane
© 2019 Cox Media Group.