CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Verizon Wireless said it has resolved an outage in and around the Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
The company said service was interrupted for customers in the area Wednesday morning because of a cut fiber. Officials said engineers were able to find the problem, fix it and service was restored around 11 p.m.
MEDIC said Verizon customers needed to be aware of the outage and use alternative devices in case of an emergency until service was restored.
Phone lines in and out of the 911 call center were not affected, authorities said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Witnesses: Panhandler used saw to stab man inside Charlotte Lowe's
- Man captured after troopers find 6 human trafficking victims in car
- Mom charged months after 3-year-old falls to his death at Charlotte airport
- FORECAST: Sunny skies return across region; rain on the way
- Postal inspectors need help finding group accused in Charlotte mail thefts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.