CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Crews were able to repair a busted water main that flooded and closed a west Charlotte road for hours early Wednesday morning.
The break happened around 2:45 a.m. on Berryhill Road at Tuckaseegee Road and officials had to close the road because of gushing water.
Crews had to shut down both sides of Berryhill while they dug to find exactly where the main ruptured.
Just before 11:30 a.m., crews said they were able to fix the break and restore the water in the area.
It was unclear how long repairs to the road would take though.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- I-85 northbound lanes blocked after crash near McAdenville
- Traffic backs up for miles after man drives wrong way on I-85
- Investigation continues after 8-year-old struck, killed by SUV
- Hickory doctor charged with health care fraud
- Teen posing as officer caught trying to pull over real cop, police say