MECKLENBURG COUNTY, N.C. - The water quality advisory for Mecklenburg County that warned lake users to be cautious when encountering flood waters in Catawba River lakes was lifted Tuesday.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Storm Water Services advised residents to avoid flood waters because of an increase in pollution and posed a greater risk to swimmers.
The warning was issued for Mountain Island Lake, Lake Wylie and Lake Norman in Mecklenburg County due to potential health concerns.
The advisory was lifted when water quality returned to normal, according to the Storm Water Services.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 3 teens arrested after 17-year-old girl shot to death in northwest Charlotte
- Teen, boyfriend charged after 2 found dead in mobile home arson
- Police arrest man accused of raping guard at South End construction site
- 9th American tourist dead in Dominican Republic while vacationing with friends
- Authorities conducting death investigation in Monroe
© 2019 Cox Media Group.