CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Wells Fargo will soon exit a building with its name on it in SouthPark, a move that will shutter a branch and relocate some of its office functions.
The bank last week sold the 44,000-square-foot Wells Fargo Building, at 4525 Sharon Road, for about $13.7 million to Levine Family Office, according to Mecklenburg County real estate records. The four-story building is today 100% occupied by Wells Fargo & Co., which will remain the sole tenant until March 2020, according to Levine Properties.
A spokeswoman for the real estate company declined to provide details about the property's future but a real estate source said the bank will exit the four-story building in the coming months, putting it on the market for lease.
Josh Dunn, a spokesman for Wells Fargo, said late Monday that the Wells Fargo branch in the building will close next month and that the bank is currently working with other lines of business in the building, including wealth management and wholesale banking, to determine where they will relocate.
Read the full story here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'She was so young': Family mourns Union County teen killed by father
- 'We heard this big boom': Man fires gun inside CVS during hold up
- NC 9-year-old shot, killed in car was on the way to get snow cone
- Woman killed in Highway 74 crash remembered as 'warm, kindhearted'
- FORECAST: Heat holds on ahead of afternoon showers, evening downpours
© 2019 Cox Media Group.