CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Bojangles’ Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits was the top-ranked Charlotte-based company on Franchise Times newly released ranking of the nation’s largest franchises.
>> CLICK HERE to stay on top of Hurricane Michael and the storm’s impact on the Carolinas.
The publication ranked Bojangles’ Inc. at No. 86 this year, unchanged from its 2017 ranking. Franchise Times’ Top 200+ ranks the largest franchises in the U.S. by global systemwide sales. Bojangles’ 764 units produced global sales of $1,278,360,195.
Three other Charlotte companies also made the list of 500 franchisors, which featured McDonald’s at the top spot again. Franchise Times says McDonald’s broke the $90 billion in sales mark for the first time while growing units by just 0.9%.
Read about the other local brands on the list here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- LIVE UPDATES: 'Dangerous' Michael, now a Cat 4 storm, nears Florida Panhandle
- LIVE Local Radar Weather Map
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Police identify man shot to death in front of business on North Tryon Street
- Massive 2-alarm fire guts southwest Charlotte business
Cox Media Group