CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Bank of America Corp. far surpassed competitors in its home county’s market share, according to the latest data from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
Charlotte-based BofA controls just over 79% of the market share in Mecklenburg County with more than $149.5 billion in local deposits as of June 30. That’s a slight decrease from last year, when BofA held 79.75% of the market share. Local deposits fell by more than $9 billion in the last year.
As of June 30, BofA held 73% of the market share in the Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia metro area.
Wells Fargo & Co. again took the second-place spot at 14.4% of the market share.
See the top 10 banks on the list here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Missing 17-year-old didn't return home from work at pizza place; car left at restaurant
- Police identify man found shot to death in driveway in north Charlotte
- Sheriff: 70 targeted in early morning Iredell County drug roundup
- FORECAST: Heat continues to grip region, but fall relief in sight
- Police identify man killed in fall from Myrtle Beach hotel balcony
© 2019 Cox Media Group.