CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Thousands of people in the Charlotte area live, work and pass through floodplain areas every day.
Officials with Mecklenburg Storm Water Services say Hurricane Florence could bring days of heavy rain, causing larger waterways to overflow.
Watch the video above to see which areas are most at risk for flooding.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- FLORENCE UPDATES: Gov. Cooper warns 'disaster is at the doorstep'
- RUNNING LIST: Evacuations issued as Hurricane Florence approaches
- CHARLOTTE FORECAST: Flash Flood Warnings for the mountains ahead of Florence
- Charlotte school and business closings
- North Carolina's wild horses know how to survive hurricane
© 2018 Cox Media Group.