CHARLOTTE, N.C. - It’s an age-old question and one of the most difficult decisions for incoming college students to make — follow your dreams or go for a major that for sure will land you a job?
Unemployment after graduation is a real fear for college students, and a new study reveals which majors face better prospects post-grad than others.
Financial news and commentary website 24/7 Wall St. released a list of the top 25 college majors with the lowest unemployment rates in the U.S. The list is based on data from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, which is the “premier source for detailed population and housing information about our nation,” according to its website.
Science-based college majors dominated in the employment category. Of course, not all of the jobs with the lowest unemployment rates pay high wages.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Policy violations led to CMS superintendent's suspension, sources say
- AMBER ALERT: 4-month-old girl abducted from North Carolina daycare
- Wife says husband drowned trying to rescue kids at NC beach
- FORECAST: Hot, muggy conditions press on with no relief in sight
- 3 North Carolinians charged after kids found locked in back of U-Haul carrying drugs
© 2019 Cox Media Group.