CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A senior White House advisor will meet with the Charlotte City Council to discuss economic development.
Special Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy Ja'Ron Smith will meet with the council's economic development committee next week to discuss opportunity zones.
Smith and city leaders are expected to tour three sites, including the old Eastland Mall site and on Beatties Ford Road.
The meeting starts at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday in the old City Hall.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Humiliating': NC man arrested in own home after alarm triggers accidentally
- New safety measures in place as CMS students prepare to head back to school
- Hilton Head residents: Go-kart track tacky like Myrtle Beach
- FORECAST: Break from heat, humidity as students head back to school
- Man charged with 20-year-old's murder near uptown Charlotte, officials say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.